Sunday, April 4, 2010

Into the Wild Blog Yonder

Greetings. I'm new to this blogging thing, so you'll have to beg my pardon if I fumble around with my posts for a little while.

I've got two main reasons for starting the page:

1 - Journal my training so that I can keep track of all the day-to-day things that usually have fallen out of my head by the time the knowledge would come in handy. For example, if I have a good (or bad) workout, what made it different, and what can I do to encourage (or prevent) a similar situation in the future.

2 - #2 is all about accountability. As of this post, I've got 5 months and 1 week of training left to go before Ironman Wisconsin. With an average of 9 workouts per week, that's just a hair under 200 workouts between now and then. Eek. I'm hoping that making regular posts, I'll be able to hold myself accountable for my own training. Heck, if I can make this blog mildly interesting, I may even meet some accountabili-buddies along the way.

Now, you're probably saying to yourself "Okay, okay, that's great, but what the heck is with the whole 'Captain Tan Lines' thing?". Well, as any committed triathlete, cyclist or runner knows, by the time August rolls around, you've got some pretty wicked tan lines cooking. I figured, why hate when I can celebrate? And, as far as the 'Captain' thing goes, I thought it sounded a little less creepy than 'Private Tan Lines'.

Anywho. I'll post my first workout shortly, along with whatever else I should probably post on this thing in the early going.

No comments:

Post a Comment