Monday, November 15, 2010

Captain Tan Lines Hits You in the Facebook

That's right!  You can now get notifications every time a new Captain Tan Lines blog post hits the Interwebs.  I did this for a couple of reasons.

1.  In the past, I was putting my new blog posts on my personal Facebook status.  That worked fine for a while, but I felt like it was time to give my friends and family a choice as to whether they wanted all those crazy updates about training, racing and kitchen adventures.

2.  I don't exactly follow a regular posting schedule.  Sure, lately, I've been posting about Fun in the Kitchen on a weekly basis, but the rest of my entries are coming at irregular intervals.  With an option to 'Like' my page on Facebook, you won't have to deal with the disappointment of checking my site only to find out that there's nothing new.

3.  Admittedly, I'm an attention whore.  Since discovering the Blogger stat-tracker, my self-esteem has been directly tied to the number of daily hits to this blog.   I'm hoping that a presence on Facebook will encourage more visitors, which will encourage more feedback, which will enrich the content on the site, which will encourage more visitors, which will stroke my fragile little ego.  Everyone's a winner.


Okay.  So what do you need?  Simple.  All you need is a Facebook account.  What?  You don't have a Facebook account?  Are you living in a CAVE?  Oh.  I get it.  You're one of those old-fashioned folks that actually talks to people in person or over the phone.  How quaint.  That's fine, even cave dwellers can get Facebook accounts.  So, go get one.  Then scroll down the right side of the page and click on 'Like'.

What is there to look forward to this week?  Well, I'll be tackling off-season training, taking another stab at the bacon explosion, and combining a deep-fat fryer with a local fast food delicacy.

Later Gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment