Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Not Dead Yet!

I'm just in hiding.  Well, okay, I'm not REALLY in hiding.  I just haven't been able to post recently.  Things were going great up through the Drumstick Dash.  Then, I kinda fell off the face of the earth.  Heck, I didn't even post a Fun in the Kitchen article last week and it was freakin' Thanksgiving!

If you think THAT'S bad, think about this: I haven't done a single workout in over a week.  Not.  One.

All right.  Now that you've picked your jaw up off the floor, believe me when I say there's a good reason for this:  I've been sick.  No, it's not serious.  It's just the kind of lingering illness that ruins your day.  You know - the cough-y, phlegm-y, headache-y kind of sick.  Blech.

If it was June, I'd keep working out.  But it's November, and I'm supposed to be taking it easy.  Sure, I've got some minor fitness goals that I'd like to accomplish over the winter months.  Losing another 10 pounds is pretty high on that list.  But I'm guessing that taking a week off now shouldn't have too dramatic an impact on my performance next summer.

Don't worry though.  I seem to have turned the corner and should be back in the gym in the next day or two.  It won't be anything too crazy, but I plan to ramp things up just a little bit through December and January so that I've got a decent fitness base going in to next year.

As far as the blog posts go, that'll be cool too.  In the next couple of days, I plan on hitting you with my adventures with an ethnically diverse cheesecake and a shopping guide for all those athletes in your life.

Stay healthy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment