Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hey! I'm kinda-sorta a published author! Yay Me!

It's official.  I'm now a published author...well, sort of.  Let me start from the beginning.

My sister works for WCCO, a local CBS affiliate, producing content for their website.  A couple of weeks ago, she approached me looking for input about some local bike shops.  You see, another reporter was working on a piece for the 10 best bicycle shops in the Twin Cities.  He had plenty of good stuff for shops in the metro area, but needed some content for those of us out here in the 'burbs.  That's where I came in.

Now, to be fair, I know a heckuva lot more about the shops in the western 'burbs than I do about those on the East side.  So, naturally my recommendations focused on places that were on this side of the Mississippi.  Of the ones I threw out there, three made the 'official' WCCO list: Maple Grove Cycle, Excel Cycle and my personal fav Gear West. 

The article was published just a few days ago.  You can check out the whole thing here.

The coolest part happened in the last 24 hours.  I sent a thank you e-mail to the journalist that published the article.  But, being the shameless self-promoting attention whore that I am, I also asked him to put a link to my blog in the article - which he promptly did.  Sweet!  So, hopefully I can expect an up-tick in traffic.  Sure, I'm doing this for the love and not for the money, but a little ego-stroke never hurt.

In other news, there are only 3 days to go until the Team Ortho Monster Dash.  I did a tempo run tonight to get my legs spun up and familiar with pushing the pace again.  Let me tell you, running in 40-degree weather is a rude awakening compared to the 65-degree luxury we've had for the last month.  I even got to experience my first wind-chill since last spring.  Man, that wind.  Mother nature sure is a harsh mistress.

I'll be back in a day or two with some more Fun in the Kitchen.  If you can't wait until then, you can always check back on my last food-related post to hold you over.

Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the run, Saturday. Looks like the weather should be a plus.

    ReplyDelete