Friday, October 29, 2010

Fun in the Kitchen #4 - Bachelor Chow

If last week's Fun in the Kitchen post left you scratching your head and saying to yourself, "Self - that looks delicious, but if I tried to make that I'd probably just create an inedible lump of char, and burn my house down in the process." then fear not.  I'll go easy on you this week.

First though, you'll need some background.  You see, The Wife is out of town this weekend, so I've got the place to myself. When she's around I feel more compelled to put effort into making meals in attempt to impress her with my culinary prowess.  When she's out of town though, I don't feel the need to tackle anything too complex.  I just want food.  I don't want to think too hard about it.  It's time for Bachelor Chow.

So, tonight's project is nice and simple - mini pizzas.  There are only 4 ingredients:

Shredded Cheese, Spaghetti Sauce, Browned Sausage and English Muffins

Step #1:  Cut an English Muffin in half and slap on some spaghetti sauce.  Note: You know those times when you have just a little sauce in the jar - not enough for another plate of spaghetti, but enough so that you'd feel bad if you threw it away?  Well, this is a really good way to use up that last little bit of sauce that's left in the jar.  You're welcome.

Muffin + Sauce.  You with me so far?  Good.
Step 2:  Put on some toppings.  I chose some browned sausage that was left over from earlier in the week.  Pick whatever you like.  Heck, you can even skip the toppings if you like and skip straight to the cheese.  Just remember one thing - whatever goes on your mini pizzas should be pre-cooked, or safe to eat raw.  Don't go and put raw hamburger on your pizza and then get mad at me when you end up in the hospital.

Again - this ain't tough.

Step 3: Pile on the cheese.  No, really.  PILE the stuff on.  I'm taking HEAPS.  It's all gonna melt in the next step and you don't want to end up with mini pizzas without enough cheese on them.

Yep.  That oughtta do it.

Step 4: Slide these into a toaster oven.  Don't have a toaster oven?  That's okay.  Just toast your English Muffins beforehand so your 'crust' is crispy.  Then pop these in the microwave until the cheese is nice and melty.

If you DO end up using a toaster oven, just keep 'em in there long enough to start browning the cheese.  You microwave folks will just have to settle for pizzas without that golden-brown top.



DEEEE-LISH!
That's it.  We're done.  Pretty easy, eh?  Plus, from start to finish it takes less time than just pre-heating the oven for a frozen pizza. 

Have a great weekend kids!  I'll be back soon to report on the Team Ortho Monster Dash 10-miler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment