Sunday, April 17, 2011

Milestones

I hit two major milestones in the last couple of weeks.  First off, I passed 1000 miles of cycling miles for 2011.  Now, most of those miles were on the trainer, and the trainer doesn't always accurately represent how far I've gone.  Okay, technically I wasn't actually GOING anywhere, so I guess most of those 1000 miles are virtual miles.  But, the work was anything but virtual, so I'm going to celebrate.  Yay me.

Second - and this is a bit of a bigger deal - I celebrated my 1-year blog-iversary. Woo hoo!


Way back in 2010 I started writing as a way to document my training experiences leading up to Ironman Wisconsin.  Go ahead, check out my first post.  Pretty modest, eh?  Well, the Ironman came and went, but the blog kept on going.  Sometimes I'd post about training, sometimes I'd post about food, and sometimes I'd post about all sorts of unrelated crap

In the end, things usually come back to training and racing.  I've had a lot of great experiences and met many groovy people through swimming, cycling and running.  In my mind, blogging about it is just a natural extension of being a member of this community.  Plus, I like writing, and this blog allows me to scratch that writing itch in a way that I usually don't have the opportunity to out there in the Real World.

So, I'll keep writing.  Sure, there's no big name triathlon this year, but I've got a marathon coming up in October, and all kinds of other goodies to look forward to this summer. 

Oh, and don't forget to 'Like' me on Facebook.  The more 'likes' that I have, the more it feeds my hungry ego, and the more entertaining I become.

I'm kinda like Audrey 2, except, instead of dentists, I eat Internet traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment