Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh Happy Day

I'm so happy.  Tonight, a routine trip to the grocery store turned into a reminder of how sometimes life gives us exactly what we want. 

What am I talking about, you say?  How could something so mundane turn into something so wonderful?  I'll tell you what, and I'll tell you how.

They're in season again.


Honeycrisp Apples

Oh Happy Day.

You see, apples fall into two categories: Honeycrisp, and Other.  Red Delicious?  Granny Smith?  Macintosh?  Impostors.  Mere placeholders for the rest of the year serving only to remind you that there's something better to be had. 


Honeycrisps though.  Well, they're tree-born joy.  Happiness in fruit form.  They're crunchy and juicy and tart and sweet and all kinds of other awesome adjectives that I can't even think of right now because I'm so psyched that they're in season again. 

But a star that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.  These heavenly orbs are only in season for about one month every year.  That's okay though.  If they were available year-round I'd start to take them for granted.  Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to leave now - to be alone with my lover.  Don't tell The Wife.

I love you.  I want you inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment