Friday, May 21, 2010

I've Been Bad

That's right. I've been very bad.  Don't get me wrong, I've been GOOD with the training so far, but I've been bad with actually posting.  I mean really.  It's been almost a month since my last post, and that just ain't cool.

So far, I've gone through the first 4 weeks of the Beginner Triathlete Ironman Training Plan.  The first 3 weeks were a slow build in volume, but the workout frequency stayed the same.  Week 4 was essentially a repeat of week 1 - meaning that the volume decreased and I essentially got a rest week.

Now, I suppose I could review all the details for every workout over the last 4 weeks.   But honestly, I don't have the time to do all that typing, and you don't have the time to do all the reading.  However, I can tell you a few of the things I've learned so far.

1.  You can never have enough good socks.
2.  New shoes are better on your joints than blown out old shoes.
3.  Clif Shot Bloks give me more energy, but they also give me more gas.
4.  Chocolate Milk is DE-LIC-IOUS after a long bike. 
5.  If you don't get enough sleep at night, you'll find yourself nodding off at work.  Not good.
6.  Runs longer than 6 miles = chafed nipples.  I've got to figure out a way to fix this one.
7.  Along the same lines as #6 - Chamois Butt-R is for more than just bike rides. In other words, for the love of all that is good an holy - take care of your boys!
8.  Freshly shaved legs feel oh so good in the pool.
9.  Eating whatever you want and STILL losing weight is AWESOME!  Granted, if I ate more skinless chicken breasts and fewer chicken nuggets, things would get even better.
10.  There's no way I could do any of this without my loving wife.  She sorts my socks (see #1), rubs my back and tells me she's proud of me - and that's pretty sweet.


That's it for now.  We're heading out down to La Crosse tomorrow to see two of our friends get hitched.  You know the guy I made the Bacon Explosion for.  I'll try to keep the posts more current and the topics a little more poignant.  Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment