Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Poll Results: Why did YOU visit the site?

It's been two weeks now since I first asked the question, "Why do YOU visit my site?".  I was curious because site traffic was steadily climbing, and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't due to this fancy little photo:



What's the appeal here?  I just don't get it.

Well, what would you guess happened?  I got some responses, that's what happened!

Were the repsonses what I was expecting?  Well, yes and no.  The majority of the responders know me personally, but there were a couple of first-time visitors and even a few returning readers that I haven't met yet.  Learning that felt pretty cool.  I was a little surprised to see that about 25% of you voted for the 'I Love BOOBIES!' option.  But, I know a few of the people that did, and honestly, they do REALLY love boobies.

Now, I should probably mention that my site traffic took another huge jump after I posted the poll a couple of weeks ago.  Most of them were via that infamous Google Image Search for 'balaclava'.  Since the majority of the visitors declined to participate, I've adjusted my pie graph to take into account people that were directed to my site with motives that I can only assume were less than wholesome.  Here are the adjusted results (click on the pie chart for full descriptions):


Sigh.

Well, I'm not going to start putting photos of naked ladies on here just to attract the perv crowd.  For now, they'll just have to settle with photos of a sweaty man in his 30s.  Hopefully, there's somewhere else they can go on the Interwebs to find naughty photos. 

In other news, I signed up for my first race of 2011 this morning, but I'll make a formal announcement for that later today when I post my full race schedule.  That's right, I finally got my act together and planned out my year.  Woohoo!  Stay tuned for more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment